I just watched Unforgiven, and I would like to say as a younger
film-buff, I appreciate the classics (such as this film), more than
most new releases today. Unforgiven takes the sometimes mediocre
western genre and introduces the moral questions of life. Eastwood and
Freeman are brilliant together, and you can also see their vibrant yet
melancholy energy also conveyed in the more recent Million Dollar Baby.
This film is definitely deserving of it's ranking in the top 250.
Although I found the musical score at times a tad soppy, the startling
settings will compensate for any loss in that part. As previous users
have mentioned, the running time may seem arduous at first, but the
gripping action interspersed throughout the film contrasted with the
reflective traveling scenes will keep you engaged. 10/10.
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the best "trial movies" ever made. It's an outstanding film that is just as good today as it was almost 50 ye...
-
Charlie Chaplin was funny. Charles Laughton was witty. As good as 'Witness For The Prosecution' is---Agatha Christie's story, th...
-
Witness for the Prosecution is, as IMDb voters cann attest, a great movie. A clever, character-driven courtroom drama, it deserved the Acade...
-
This is a fun movie, with marvelous performances by Laughton, Dietrich and Lanchester. Even the usually mediocre Tyrone Power fits his role ...
-
Clint Eastwood's storytelling gives the western genre one of its most sublime story's. Gone is the trademark mysterious hero and in ...
-
Contains Spoilers Who would have thought it? During the eighties, when the cinematic Western was at its lowest ebb, I doubt if anyone coul...
-
Let me explain. The best book on music I've ever read is "The Classical Style: Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven", by Charles Rose...
-
Leonard Steven Vole finds himself on trial for the murder of a wealthy widow from whom he has inherited a fortune. Top barrister Sir Wilfr...
-
WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD! The Billy Wilder touch adds cynical wit to his sparkling adaptation of Dame Agatha Christie's play WITNESS FOR ...
-
" Unforgiven " may well be Clint Eastwood's greatest triumph as an actor and director. In this grim, dark, and yet strangel...
Blogger news
Un produs Blogger.